NEW ORLEANS, La. (October 5, 2012) – This weekend’s Triumph Big Kahuna New Orleans at NOLA Motorsports Park has more in store than just the incredible GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing action. Come out this weekend and check out the offerings from more than 50 vendors and these great entertainment add-ons:
- Historic Moto Grand Prix
- Walk through the Historic Moto Grand Prix paddock and check out some of the most famous race bikes in the history of the sport. Former Champions like Thomas Stevens, Scott Russell, Jamie James and more will be riding the historic motorcycles that made them famous, including the infamous Yamamonster!
- Jason Britton Team No Limit Stunt Shows
- Jason Britton and Britton and Team No Limit’s Eric Hoenshell will thrill audiences at the Triumph Big Kahuna New Orleans presented by Dunlop Tire and LeoVince with multiple performances throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday. Britton’s exceptional professional stunt riding career aside, the Screen Actors Guild-accredited performer has also had success in Hollywood, appearing as a stunt double in major motion pictures including ‘Taking of the Pelham 1-2-3’, ‘Waist Deep’, ‘Bikers Boyz’ and ‘Torque’ and stunt riding in commercials for mainstream clients such as Michael Jordan/Nike, Pepsi and Digiorno Pizza. His four-season run as the star of SPEEDTV’s ‘Super Bikes!’ cemented him as a household name as the star traveled the country to cover the sport bike scene.
- Big Kahuna Kid’s Corral and Bounce House
- With free admission for all kids 12 and under and the addition of the Big Kahuna Kid’s Corral with a Bounce House, this weekend’s Triumph Big Kahuna New Orleans will be the perfect mid-fall semester break from school.
- MobileView JumboTrons
- Utilizing the latest technology available in large-scale LED video display systems, Mobile View will be on hand at the Triumph Big Kahuna New Orleans to ensure that fans won’t miss a second of the incredible GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing action when the Big Kahuna hosts the first National Racing event ever at NOLA Motorspeedway. M1 PowerSports and Mobile View have worked together on multiple projects over the last decade, ranging from the World Superbike events at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to the Big Kahuna events at Virginia International Raceway, and fans can expect the same unbelievable visual experience that Mobile View’s JumboTrons are known to deliver.
- Extreme Team 4×4 Monster Ride Truck
- Although most of the motorized entertainment at the Triumph Big Kahuna New Orleans presented by Dunlop Tire and LeoVince will be based on two wheels, M1 PowerSports has added one of the biggest four-wheel attractions on the planet to the list of recreational possibilities that fans can take part in. Head out to the track tomorrow and hop in for a ride in the Extreme Team Ride Monster Truck. Based in the Party Paddock, this mega-truck mounted on tires as tall as most people will be offering rides to fans for just $10 on Saturday and Sunday. With a capacity of 10 people in the truck’s massive bed and seating for small children in the cab, the Extreme Team Ride Monster Truck will give fans of all ages the once-in-a-lifetime experience of climbing over massive dirt piles in a real monster truck.
- Al Copeland’s Phenomenon will blow your mind
- This 62-foot speedboat is trying to break the world record on the water. Lucky for us the guys from Al’s race team have the weekend off and are displaying this local legend right in the paddock for this weekend’s Big Kahuna event. You can’t miss the bright orange paint job on this work of art. Come aboard and check out the four jet engines that send this boat to speeds in the hundreds.
- Pieces of Mardi Gras fill the property
- Marty Gras World has equipped M1 PowerSports with historic props from New Orleans’ legendary Mardi Gras Parade. You can find jesters, statues, and floats of all shapes and sizes waiting for you to snap a picture with them. They make you feel like you’re at Mardi Gras and give the New Orleans party atmosphere to this premiere racing event.
Entertainment options are being added by the day, parking and paddock access are both FREE. Special motorcycle-only parking areas will be located in the center of the paddock and include FREE coat and helmet check. This will be the entertainment offering of the year, so don’t miss out!
This weekend’s Triumph Big Kahuna New Orleans presented by Dunlop Tire and LeoVince will close out the GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing season at America’s newest motorsports facility, NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, La. For more information and to get tickets, please visit http://www.m1powersports.com.
About M1 PowerSports, formerly M1 Entertainment: A Denver-based company, M1 PowerSports has been working in motorsports for over 16 years. Originally spawned from Daniels Corporation under the name FAST, the fledgling company was heavily involved in television production for car and motorcycle racing. With the birth of Speedvision, FAST morphed into Race Promotion Management (RPM) and is now operating as M1 PowerSports with many of the same staff still in place. We still sell advertising for Speed, sell merchandise under the brand Moto 1 and promote our own events, keeping us busy year-round! For more information, please call 303-377-3278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.